Muscle Diary 101

Muscle Diary 101

Friday 4 March 2016

Day 1 March 4 2016

Today was actually my Day 2 of the 3 day a week full body programme but I'll officially start today (see more on home page).

I actually do 4 sets of each exercise just because I want to avoid injury. My first set is always very light with about 16 reps so that the muscle is properly warmed up. Then I increase the weight pyramid style.

The following is from memory as I didn't write anything down. The weights are light but I guess that is to be expected at the start of the programme.

Bench Press max. 30kg

Squats 40kg

Bent Over Rows 30kg

Barbell Shoulder Press 4kg (heavy bar as well but I had a shoulder injury from swimming so I want to take it easy during BORs).

Triceps Pull Down 8kg

Bicep Curls 12.5kg (only set of 8)

Calf Raises 15 @ 90kg

Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 15

Weight 88.75kg

Breakfast: Weatbix with granola and full fat milk

Post workout:2 eggs and 2 egg whites on slice of wholemeal bread.

Snack: 2 peanut butter sandwiches

Lunch: Spinach and lentil soup with yoghurt

Snack: Wakey shakey smoothie (1 banana, oats, sunflower seeds, fish oil, cocoa, peanut butter, full fat milk, protein supplement)

Dinner: Chicken Risotto

I'm not too much into nutrition and my protein intake is probably lower than many others would take. I'll have to calculate my protein intake in the future. :-)

I did buy two tubs of Precision Engineered Muscle and Size Gainer today and included 3 scoops in the Wakey Shakey above. The product has got good reviews (see link) so it will be interesting to see how it will affect me.

In parting here is some 'Arnie' wisdom:


No comments:

Post a Comment